Monday, June 30, 2008

KATOWICE TO VALENCIA






I set off driving at about midnight on thursday night after the concert and headed for Valencia in Spain ( it is a long way!) I crossed the German border at Gorlitz and headed for the french border at Mulhouse stopping for a break near Hof. My next stop was near Besacon in France then on to the border town of La Jonquera in Spain, it was crowded with thousands of trucks weekending in the numerous truckstops, so I had my minum 9 hour rest stop and headed south, the french were planning a fuel protest on Monday, good luck to them, something has to be done! Driving in Europe compared to the United Kingdom is a far better experience, the germans and the french have certainly realised that trucks and their drivers are important and the autohofs and the centre routiers are to be admired compared to the total lack of facilities we put up with in the UK. Anyway I could go on and on about the british goverment and the politics of greed, so I won't. I arrived in Valencia on Sunday late afternoon in time to watch the Euro 2008 football final in a local Valencia bar close to the stadium that is home to Levante football club. Spain were the worthy winners!

No comments: