Saturday, August 12, 2006

Nice and Porto





The cool weather in Nice lasted a couple of day’s which was good but that old thermometer is on the rise again. As I sit here in Porto Portugal its 36o and rising! The drive from Nice took a couple of days to get across Spain, then into the hilly terrain of Portugal. During my route between Palencia and Benavente I drove the national route N610 and came across some interesting roadworks where they stopped the oncoming traffic by placing a young lad in the middle of the road with a small stop sign, I hope he managed to get some life insurance! The roads in Portugal have some very steep hills to climb and descend and with 40 tons of Genny it’s no fun, thank god for the descent Volvo engine break! I must admit I do like Portugal (even if they beat us dubiously in the world cup) and Porto is an incredible old city.

No comments: