Monday, August 07, 2006

The Swiss Arrows




Well, the “Open Air” concert at the Dubendorf Flugplatz certainly had it all; there was talk of up to 80000 people in attendance and a lot going on. The early morning rain held off and we were treated to an air display by the Swiss version of the Red Arrows just before The Stones took to the stage. One of the jet pilots put his jet through a complete Swiss roll, which was very tasty! I even witnessed a high ranking Swiss Government minister patting a dog belonging to a young security girl. She was impressed!
After the show with my Sunday driving permits in hand I headed through Switzerland to Geneva and the French border and beyond to Nice on the Cote D’azur and back to the heat! My route is via Grenoble, then the decision whether or not to keep to the autoroute or take the more scenic route through Provence and the Alps Cote D’azur. Given I had plenty of time the scenic route won! On arriving at the Nikaia Arena in Nice, I was amazed to find the weather very cool and an electric storm that had previously past through was now lighting up the skies in the nearby Alps Maritime.

No comments: